Is there anything better than summer in Statesville? We have gorgeous weather and plenty of opportunities to hike, bike, admire the mountain scenery, and take the long way home to enjoy the breeze. But there is one thing better… a summer in Statesville without plumbing problems! Don’t let these issues ruin the season. With some proactive steps, you can keep your plumbing system in good repair.
- Inspect for leaks. Winter can wreak havoc on your plumbing - even if you cannot see it at first. When it warms up, check faucets, pipes, showerheads, spigots, sprinklers, etc., to ensure they are in proper working order. Did you leave a hose on that outside faucet all winter allowing the faucet to freeze and break in the wall? Many homes experience water damage due to this event.
- Look for slow-drainage issues.
- Check your toilet. Put food coloring in the tank. If it leaks into the bowl without flushing the toilet, call in Iredell County’s most trusted plumbers to take care of the problem before it becomes a big, expensive mess.
- Make sure your tub and tile grout is securely sealed and without chips or cracks.
- Check your water heater for signs of rust, corrosion, leaks, and other damage. If it’s been a while since your tank was flushed or if your water heating system is not performing up to par, call an experienced plumber. Even in the summer, you want a hot shower now and then! And certainly, you need your tank to deliver the water you need when you need it for other household tasks.
- If you are taking a vacation, see if your water heater has a switch for “vacation” or “low.” This can help you save on costs.
- Check for spots in your yard that may be more saturated. This could indicate a problem with buried pipes. DO NOT DIG! This is not safe. Instead, call a plumber or your local utility.
- Ensure you have proper water pressure. We can check for you or you can purchase a gauge to attach to outside spigots. Your pressure should be between 40-45 psi and never more than 60 psi.
- Is your well tank or the thermal expansion tank properly inflated with air?
When should you call in a professional? If you have issues with leaks, slow drainage, clogs, water saturation, pressure, water damage, hot water tank rust or leakage, etc., do not hesitate to contact Statesville’s top plumbers. Action Service Co. will be right there to help you out - and ensure your summer is relaxing and free of plumbing problems. Contact us, we’re here to help.